With the Mk7 Fiesta fast approaching its third year on sale, Ford have introduced a number of minor cosmetic changes across the range.
As of July 2011 the following updates were made to the range:
- The 132bhp, all-black Metal replaces the stripy S1600, which unfortunately, was unavailable for us!
- Zetec and Titanium receive a new design of alloys
- Titanium now comes with a chrome strip on the upper grille
- ECOnetic models now extend from Edge spec and can be had twinned with Zetec and Titanium models, with their own alloys
- Edge effectively replaces Style + but comes with the silver dash, its own wheel cover design and seat trim
We’ll delve further into the looks and spec changes further on, but for now, we’ve updated our Zetec S to the 2012MY in Dark Micastone. The forever First World Problem of “Titanium or Zetec S?” was forever present but we couldn’t get a Titanium with the dress-up kit to meet halfway.
We’ve continued with the 1.6-litre petrol variant too as the revvy nature’s still a novelty compared to a torquey diesel, but more so due to the gorgeous Street Pack only available with petrol engines now.
In the meantime, we’ll see how we get on with the changes. Some are immediately appreciable and should have been fitted from the start (I’m looking at you silver door handles…).
Spec: Zetec S 2012MY Engine: 1.6 Petrol, 120bhp, 112lb ft Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Mpg: Official: 47.9mpg Achieved: 38 - 41mpg Performance: 0-62mph: 9.9 Secs, 120mph Colour: Dark Micastone Running Period: Winter 2011 – Spring 2012, 7,500 Miles Options: Street Pack (17" Wheels + Rear Privacy Glass), Bluetooth Handsfree + Voice Control + USB, City Pack, Curtain Airbags, Rear centre head restraint, Spare Wheel - 14” x 5.5 Steel Wheel